Thursday, November 10, 2011

Chili Cheese Fries Pizza

Yeah you read that right...I said it...Chili Cheese Fries Pizza! I saw one on F*** Yeah, Vegan Pizza during Vegan MoFo and I couldn't stop thinking about it. It really was keeping me up at night since I was thinking about how good it would taste and when I should make it, you know the real hard questions.

Last night even though it was much too late to attempt such a thing I went for it. I slapped together some pizza dough (quite literally I just poured a couple of cups of flour in a bowl, proofed some yeast, added some salt and sugar, a splash of olive oil and kneaded til it looked right to which my mom rolled her eyes but it worked), Ryan quickly peeled some potatoes which I crinkle cut and I luckily had a container of homemade chili in the freezer so all I had to do was defrost it. The pizza I saw had Teese on it but that isn't something we have all the time and is something I really need to think ahead about using since I can only get it by online ordering so I decided just to make a batch of cheese sauce from Hearty Vegan again and drizzle that on top once it had baked and it was fracking amazing! The only thing I would change is that the crust was a little thick for my liking but that was the only thing and totally easy to fix. The chili and the oven fries and the cheese sauce all tasted so delicious together and since I love me some carbs the pizza crust was an excellent addition to an already tasty combination. Plus this way I ate way less fries. It will definitely get made again since both Ryan and I couldn't get enough!





Sorry for the less than stellar photos...this getting dark early thing is killing my food photography! But still don't you just wanna take a bite?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment