Saturday, August 11, 2012

Food Network Monthly Cookalong: Emeril's Kicked-Up BLT

I started off this sandwich-y month with a BAM! Emeril's Kicked-Up BLT definitely had a little kick to it but it was so easy to veganize that I whipped it up for lunch on a whim one day. I, of course, went to my go to Smoky Curls from Vegan Diner which I have made so many times now I just wing it. I used Vegenaise for mayo and used white sandwich bread for the brioche. I know I could make my own, thanks to Celine, but I was going for quick and it stood in nicely. The Chipotle Mayo was definitely kicked up and what I would expect from Emeril. It worked nicely with the soy curl bacon and the avocado slices helped cool it down a bit. Mine was a little greener than Emeril's since I used slice green zebra tomatoes I picked up at the Kanata Farmer's Market on the weekend. I had never had them and thought they might be sour/bitter like the green tomatoes I had tried in the past but they are so tasty and sweet! Fresh local tomatoes always taste the best too! I really enjoyed this sandwich and even commented to Ryan that it was in my top 10 favourite sandwiches so it will definitely be made again and again. He, unfortunately for him, was at work while I was chowing down on it but I was nice enough to save him enough of everything to make one the next day and he  enjoyed it just as much as me. Kicked up sandwich heaven!

Don't forget to enter to win a copy of Vegan Sandwiches Save the Day! Just leave a comment on that post (click the link below) to be entered and if you would like to earn bonus entries, veganize a sandwich from Food Network and let me know at the end of the month. I will include you in our monthly round up and it will up the odds of you winning a copy of a spectacular cookbook! http://threeandahalfvegans.blogspot.ca/2012/08/food-network-monthly-cookalong-theme.html



4 comments:

  1. This looks so delicious! The Smoky Soy Curls are my preferred go-to veggie bacon also. Like you, I don't even have to look at the recipe anymore! Could there be a better use of in season tomatoes? I don't think so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so delicious. You can't go wrong with Smoky Curls and chipotle flavored anything. :) I'll have to try making my own chipotle Vegenaise sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! Smoky Curls and chipotle are an amazing flavour combo for sure!

      Delete